Admission & Courses
Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.) Course:-
This is a four year course with one year of compulsory rotatory internship, thus making it a five year course. Now under new regulation issued by Dental Council of India the training programme leading to B.D.S. degree shall be 5 years with 240 teaching days in each academic year w.e.f. admission year 2007-08 .. The number of students in each fresh batch is 40. A student is eligible for entry to the course after clearing the 12th class examination ( 10+2) from a recognized institution with the subjects of Physics , Chemistry and Biology and shall complete the age of 17 years on or before 31st December , of the year of admission to the BDS course. Admissions are made through Punjab Medical Entrance test (PMET) conducted by Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Faridkot for 85% of the seats and the All India Medical Entrance Examination (CBSE Examination) conducted by the All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi for the remaining 15% seats. Reservation of seats for scheduled castes/tribes and Other Backward Classes are made according to state government guidelines.
Master of Dental Surgery (M.D.S.) Courses:-
- Conservative Dentistry
A Candidate for admission to the Master of Dental Surgery (M.D.S.) 3 year degree course must have a recognized degree of Bachelor of Dental Surgery (B.D.S.) awarded by an Indian University in respect of recognized Dental college u/s 1(2)of the Dentists Act,1948 or an equivalent recognized by dental Council of India and should have obtained permanent registration with the state Dental Council.
The number of seats in each course is decided from time to time as per direction given by Dental Council of India /Baba Farid University of Health Sciences Faridkot . Admissions are made through Punjab Post Graduate Test for 50% of the seats and the All India Post Graduate Medical Entrance Examination conducted by DGHS, New Delhi remaining 50%seats. Reservation of seats for scheduled castes/ tribes and Other Backward Classes is made according to State Government rules.